Welcome to Schoolism.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of Imaginism Studios Inc!
Imaginism Studios and its affiliates including Schoolism.com (collectively, “Schoolism”) provide their services to you subject to the following conditions hereunder. If you visit or utilize Schoolism.com, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully. In addition, when you use any current or future Schoolism service (e.g. Subscription, Critiqued Sessions, Profiles, Promo Codes, etc.) or visit or purchase from any other business affiliated with Schoolism, whether or not included in the Schoolism.com website, you also will be subject to the guidelines and conditions applicable to such service or business. If these conditions are inconsistent with such guidelines and conditions, such guidelines and conditions will control:
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Schoolism or its content suppliers and protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Schoolism and protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Schoolism or its software suppliers and protected by Canadian and international copyright laws.
SCHOOLISM, SCHOOLISM.COM and all other Schoolism graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of Imaginism Studios Inc. or its affiliates in Canada and/or other countries. Schoolism's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Schoolism, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Schoolism. All other trademarks not owned by Schoolism or its affiliates that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Schoolism.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
Schoolism grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site; you may not download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Schoolism. This limited license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Schoolism. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Schoolism without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Schoolism's name or trademarks without the express written consent of Schoolism. You may not use the Schoolism.com site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Schoolism.com site. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Schoolism. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of Schoolism.com so long as the link does not portray Schoolism, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any Schoolism logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. If you are under 18, you may use Schoolism.com only with permission of a parent or guardian. Schoolism reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT
Visiting Schoolism.com or sending emails to Schoolism constitutes electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Schoolism provides to you electronically, via email and on the Schoolism.com site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Visitors may submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information where applicable, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of contributed content. Schoolism reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Schoolism a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media for the purposes of educational instruction or promotion. You grant Schoolism and its sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Schoolism for all claims resulting from content you supply. Schoolism has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Schoolism takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
This website may contain tasteful artistic nudity which may not be appropriate for viewing in certain countries. Parental guidance is suggested if you are under 18 years old.
Schoolism attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Schoolism does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
For subscription-based educational products, your credit card will be automatically charged every month until you cancel. It is your responsibility to manage your account. You must email Schoolism not less than three (3) business days prior to the end of your billing cycle to cancel your subscription.
Except where noted otherwise, the List Price displayed on our website represents the full retail price listed on the product itself. Despite our best efforts, there is the possibility that the price or availability of items may be misstated. In the case of any such discrepancy, we may, at our discretion,cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED BY SCHOOLISM ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. SCHOOLISM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, SCHOOLISM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SCHOOLISM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE; INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE; THEIR SERVERS; OR E-MAIL SENT FROM SCHOOLISM IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SCHOOLISM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING.
CERTAIN PROVINCIAL LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
By visiting Schoolism, you agree that the laws of the province of Ontario, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and Conditions and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Schoolism or its affiliates.
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to Schoolism or to products you purchase through Schoolism shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Toronto, Ontario, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate Schoolism's intellectual property rights, Schoolism may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any provincial or federal court in the province of Ontario, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Canada. The arbitrator's award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
Schoolism reserves the right to make changes to this site, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Schoolism's copyright agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Schoolism and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Schoolism's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on its site can be reached as follows:
Schoolism Legal Dept.
2700 14th Ave.
Markham, ON L3R 0H9
- I've never taken an online class before. How does Schoolism work? Is it live?
- Because Schoolism teaches students from time zones all over the world, the courses are pre-recorded, so you won't have to worry about scheduling your life around live classes.
The pre-recorded lectures work like YouTube in the sense that you can watch them whenever and from wherever you want, provided that you have a high speed internet connection. You can fast forward, pause, rewind, and watch the lectures in parts if you can't watch entire lectures all in one sitting. We offer classes in two formats: Critiqued Sessions and Subscriptions.
- Do I need a fast internet connection to use Schoolism?
- Yes, we highly recommend streaming from a fast, reliable internet connection. The video player will auto-detect the connection speed and play at a resolution to ensure smoothest playback. For an optimal learning experience, we suggest that students view these videos in HD, if possible.
A minimum download speed of 3.0 Mbps is recommended to stream the lectures smoothly at SD, and 5.0 Mbps at HD. If your connection downloads at less than 3.0 Mbps, please be aware that your lesson viewing experience may be affected.
- Do the lecture videos work on mobile devices?
- Yes! To ensure a smooth playback, we recommend making sure the browser app being used (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge) is up to date.
- What type of software or materials will I need?
- When taking courses in subscription form, please feel free to use any material you’re comfortable with, or that would benefit you most, as these assignments aren’t reviewed. For Critiqued Sessions, we do suggest sticking with the method of drawing specified by your instructor. Most assignments are expected to be done digitally using Photoshop unless otherwise stated.
- What are Critiqued Sessions?
- Critiqued Sessions have set start dates (which you can find on the course page) and run from 9 to 14 weeks (depending on the course you're taking). One lecture is activated every one to two weeks, and includes an assignment, which is due the following week. Once you've handed in your assignment, your instructor will record a personalized response video in which they will paint and draw over your work while discussing what you did well, what you can work on, and how they might have handled certain elements of the assignment differently. In addition to your own personalized response videos, you will also be able to view the response videos of your current and previous classmates.
Once a lecture has been activated, it remains open for the rest of the course so by the time the final lecture is available, you will have access to the entire course. If you've handed in all of your assignments on time, you will receive a final grade and a physical certificate of completion, which can be mailed to you. Once you have received your final grades, you will have a 14 day review period where you’ll be able to:
- Download your personalized response videos to keep for future reference, and
- Re-watch the lesson videos for review and to take supplemental notes.
Your access to the course material will then end, and your seat will be cleared for the next session of students coming in.
- For my Critiqued Sessions course, I won't be able to turn in my assignment on time, what should I do?
- If you know that you will be submitting an assignment late (due to vacation, increased workload at school, family emergency, etc.), we invite you to contact your instructor to ask for an extension. Deadlines are handled at the instructor's sole discretion, which means they're not required to extend deadlines, but for the most part, our instructors are very understanding about the demands of everyday life outside of Schoolism and will most likely allow late submission. If you submit an assignment late without prior notification, again, it is critiqued (or not) at the instructor's discretion. Your instructor may still mark it and record a response video for you, but they're not required to do so. So, as a courtesy to your instructor, we strongly recommend that you keep them apprised of any changes in your schedule that might affect your Schoolism submissions.
- If something unexpected comes up during my Critiqued Sessions and I am unable to finish the course, can I get a refund?
- Full refunds via PayPal/Stripe are available up to 2 weeks before the start of the session. Within 2 weeks to the start of the session, we can issue a full refund minus a $25 admin fee. Once the session starts, refunds will be issued on a prorated basis depending on how many classes have already been activated for you. The $25 admin fee also applies in this case. Once lesson 7 is activated, we can no longer issue refunds.
- If something unexpected comes up and I am unable to finish the course but I don't want a refund, can I be moved into my instructor's next session?
- You can be rolled forward into a future session of your instructor’s class if there are still open slots after the course has begun. You can be put on standby, and we’ll be happy to contact you if any open slots become available at the start of the course, or if a spot opens up to while the course is in session, for you to continue from where you had left off. Please be aware that you may need to act on short notice if you’d like to complete the course in this way.
If your instructor is able to do so, an alternative is to submit your remaining assignments all together on a date you have worked out together for 1 big critique. This, and any alternatives you may come up with, are ultimately at the discretion of your instructor. Please kindly contact them during your course if you do not want to be put on standby, but would still like to complete the course.
- What are Schoolism Subscriptions?
- A Schoolism Subscription offers access to all the video lessons in a course of your choosing. You’ll be able to view, rewind, or fast-forward the material at your own pace! Although subscriptions do not include personalized video feedback or contact with the instructor, you will be able to access video feedbacks of past Critiqued Sessions students. When you wish to move on, simply switch to a different course!
- When will my subscription start?
- Like most other subscription services, from Netflix to World of Warcraft, your Schoolism Subscription will start as soon as you sign up for it.
- Can I pause my subscription part way through?
- Generally speaking, again, like Netflix, once your subscription starts, you won’t be able to pause it without canceling it altogether. However, if you feel that you have a very good reason for pausing your yearly subscription, you can email us to consider your case. Monthly subscriptions cannot be paused part way through, though they can be cancelled at the end of the month.
- How do I cancel my monthly subscription?
- To cancel your monthly subscription and stop automatic payments, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take care of the rest! Your subscription will end before your next billing date, and your credit card will not be charged for the next month.
Please be sure to contact us at least 3 days before your next billing date, as this can take some time to process. If you shoot us an email within 3 days of your next billing date, unfortunately, we can’t guarantee the cancellation your subscription for the next month, but we’ll do what we can!
- Can I subscribe to TWO (or more) courses at the same time?
- Yes, you can! After you have subscribed to your first course, you can subscribe to a second course simply by going to its course page and purchasing a separate subscription to it. You will then have both classes in your dashboard to watch as you please. You can do the same thing to subscribe to a third or fourth course, etc.
- Do Schoolism Subscriptions include Critiqued Session classes with personalized feedback?
- Unfortunately, no, with the number of active subscribers, it would be physically impossible for instructors to teach, view, and critique assignments submitted by every student.
However, if you’re interested in joining a Critiqued Session, a subscription to that course would be a great way to check out what you’ll be learning before plunging into the full Critiqued Session (which is a whole other stratosphere of learning altogether).
- I have a Schoolism Subscription. Where do I submit my assignments?
- Schoolism Subscriptions do not include assignment submissions. However, you are more than welcome to share your completed assignments with your fellow subscribers on our dedicated and well-populated Facebook group. There will be plenty of students there to see and hopefully comment on what you’ve learned.
- Even though I won’t get personalized feedback with my subscription, will I still be able to see the feedback videos of past students?
- Yes, you will! :)
- How do class switches work?
- The best way to explain this is with an example:
The course you start with is "Digital Painting with Bobby Chiu" and finish it after 20 days. Let's say, you want to take "Painting Creatures with Bobby Chiu" next. You can then click on the "switch course" link next to "Digital Painting with Bobby Chiu" in your Schoolism dashboard, and select "Painting Creatures with Bobby Chiu" from the drop down menu.
- Is there a limit on how many times I can switch classes?
- Nope! As long as you have an active subscription, you can switch classes as many times as you’d like!
- Can I request a refund for my Schoolism Subscription?
- Like other subscription services such as World of Warcraft, and Netflix, we don’t generally offer refunds for Schoolism Subscriptions. However, if you believe you have a valid reason to request a refund, please email us at email@example.com where we will review each request on a case-by-case basis.
- Do you offer corporate discounts on Schoolism Subscriptions?
- For studios or artist groups, we’ve recently launched a pilot program called Studio Subscriptions, which offer complete access to our entire current course library via a single master account for easy management by your HR or Training Administrator.
The value of the Studio Subscription is in the convenience of your artists being able to access all courses at the same time, the equivalent of having multiple individual subscriptions per person. Pricing is tiered based on the number of individuals who will be accessing the course material. For more information about Studio Subscriptions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I tried to purchase a class but my card was declined! What happened?
- Sorry for the inconvenience! If your payment was declined, it might have been for a variety of reasons. When our payment processor submits a charge to your bank, your bank has automated systems that might decline the charge for your protection based on various triggers, such as:
- your spending habits (i.e. you don’t normally spend this much on an item on the internet)
- account balance (i.e. this purchase puts you over your credit limit)
- card information like the expiration date and CVC (i.e. the information you entered was incorrect)
- you are attempting to make your purchase from a location outside of the state, province, or country where your card is registered (i.e. you are trying to purchase while away on business or vacation)
Since these triggers are constantly changing to protect you from fraud, a previously successful card might be declined at a later date. Even if all of the card information is correct, and you’d previously made a successful payment, a future charge can still be declined by your bank’s overzealous fraud systems. If all of the card information seems correct, please kindly contact your bank for more information, and ask for future charges to be accepted.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience! Unfortunately, this is the age we live in. If your bank is unable to authorize your purchase, please contact us at email@example.com and we will try to arrange an alternate payment method for you.
- My payment failed and the error was "Your card does not support this type of purchase." What does that mean?
- There are a few different reasons that you might get this response when a payment fails:
- Some credit or debit cards require a PIN to be entered, which is to say they will block any purchase for which a PIN was NOT entered. If you’re trying to use one of these cards, we’re afraid not even your bank will be able to circumvent the security so you will need to use another card to make the purchase or contact us for an alternate payment method.
- Some cards have restrictions on cross-border usage. This isn’t a common occurrence, but some introductory credit cards can only be used to make purchases in the same country as where they are registered. We are a Canadian company, so this might apply to you if your card was issued outside of Canada. If this is the case, please contact your bank to see if they can lift this restriction.
- Some cards such as corporate expense cards can only be used for certain business categories, such as travel or health care. If this applies to you but you believe your card should be usable for our classes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We apologize for any inconvenience during the purchasing process! Unfortunately, security measures vary throughout the world so we can’t account for every scenario but if you have trouble completing a purchase, we would be happy to do whatever we can to help. Simply email us at email@example.com and our Help Desk will get in touch with you ASAP.